Located a 20-minute drive from Cairns, Trinity Beach is a tropical jewel just miles away from an urban center. Crystal clear waters lap the sandy beaches of this popular community, where paved walkways wander past lush gardens and beach almond trees cast shade from the sweltering sun. The calm waters are patrolled by a local lifeguard, and a stinger-proof enclosure protects swimmers during the high season, from November to May.
Travelers can find world-class restaurants and pubs stationed along the quiet Esplanade, while beachfront BBQs, tennis courts and a lively football club mean there’s plenty of opportunity to meet sun-loving locals here any time of year.
Beachcombers and sun-worshippers should plan to visit between May and November, when the dry season’s warm temperatures are ideal for laying out. Heavy rains typically fall between December and April, but this shift in weather makes for even greener rainforests and impressive waterfalls.
- Hartley's Crocodile Adventures
- RainForeStation Nature Park
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park
- Birdworld Kuranda
- Kuranda Koala Gardens
- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- Barron Gorge National Park
- Mt. Whitfield
- Red Arrow Walk
- Cairns Botanic Gardens
- Centenary Lakes
- Muddy's Playground
- Cairns Aquarium
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter