Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm
In addition to its gastronomy, the Mornington Peninsula is renowned throughout Australia—and the world—for its wine, so no visit to the region would be complete without visiting a vineyard. Combine a visit to Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm, where you can spend an hour picking your own strawberries, with wine and cheese tasting on a day trip from Melbourne. Some excursions also visit the thermal pools of Peninsula Hot Springs and Arthur's Seat Eagle gondola, which offers panoramic views of the peninsula.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm is a must-visit attraction for families and nature lovers.
- The strawberry fields offer little shade, so ensure you wear a hat and sunscreen, and bring your own water bottle.
- Though staff can accommodate visitors with strollers, the strawberry fields are not wheelchair accessible. However, the cafe and gift shop are.
How to Get There
Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm is located at 244 Shands Road in the Mornington Peninsula. From central Melbourne, the farm is a 1-hour drive via the M1 and Mornington Peninsula Freeway. From Flinders Street Station in Melbourne, you can take the train to Frankston station, from which the farm is a 30-minute drive.
When to Get There
Though the farm remains open seven days a week throughout the year, you can only go strawberry picking November through April, from 9am-5pm—last entry for a picking session is at 4:30pm. The cafe and gift shop are open all year.
Wineries of Mornington Peninsula With its scenic views and thriving food scene, the Mornington Peninsula is the ideal spot for a weekend of wine. The region grows the grapes responsible for wines such as Shiraz, Pinot Gris, and Chardonnay, and top wineries include Rahona Valley, Ocean Eight, and Quealy Winemakers. Once you’ve had your fill of wine, be sure to sample local delicacies at gourmet restaurants such as Merricks HIlls and Tucks Ridge.
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens
- Phillip Island Nature Parks
- Phillip Island
- Phillip Island Circuit
- Koala Reserve (Koala Conservation Centre)
- Albert Park
- Moonlit Sanctuary
- Point Nepean National Park
- Churchill Island
- Australian National Aviation Museum
- Brighton Beach
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne
- Rippon Lea Estate
- Caulfield Racecourse
- Luna Park Melbourne