- Spend your days horse trekking with a local guide and enjoy camp fires at night
- Experience the Canadian wilderness in comfort by sleeping in a cozy lodge
- A wilderness trip suitable for travelers in Banff for a short time
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included
Departure & Return
Warner Stables is the big red stables located at the end of Sundance Road in Banff. When you arrive, please check-in for your ride at the office in the east barn which has signs for ‘Warner Stables’ and ‘office’. The stables are located approximately a five minute drive or a 20 minute walk from downtown Banff, and there is plenty of free parking at the site.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 9 years. Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
- Maximum weight is 230lbs.
- Adult pricing applies to all riders.
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all backcountry riders under 18 years of age.
- Children aged 17 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Adults must sign a waiver for all activities, and a waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any person under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please dress appropriately as stated on your voucher.
- There is no electricity, cell service or internet/wifi.
- All passenger heights, weights, ages, dietary requirements and riding abilities must be advised at time of booking.
- An understanding of basic English is required so that you can understand simple instructions from the guides.
- Riders must be physically capable of controlling the horse during the ride without assistance and for the health and safety of all riders we regrettably cannot accommodate any disabilities or special needs riders. We recognize that disabled riding is a unique and respected skill set that we at the barns do not have the appropriate equipment or skills to safely execute.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Banff Trail Riders
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff