2 days (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover the beauty of Australia's Red Centre on a 2-day camping tour of World Heritage-listed Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. Start from Alice Springs or Ayers Rock, then travel with your guide to Uluru and Kata Tjuta where you take walks, hear stories of Aboriginal culture, and watch the sunrise and sunset over Uluru. Camp overnight in the national park, sleeping under the stars. An ideal tour if you have limited time, this small-group tour offers an intimate experience at one of Australia's most iconic sites.
- Uluru and Kata Tjuta small-group overnight tour from Alice Springs or Ayers Rock
- Travel through the Red Center and see Uluru and the majestic domes of Kata Tjuta
- Visit the Cultural Centre and learn about Aboriginal law and beliefs
- Watch the changing colors of Uluru at sunset and sunrise
- Discover the mysteries of Uluru on a guided base walk
- Sleep out under the stars in an outback bush camp
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Drinking water (bring own bottle)
Overnight camping accommodation
Departure & Return
1 Yulara Dr, Yulara NT 0872, Australia
Yulara NT 0872, Australia
Yulara NT 0872, Australia
Tour ends at Ayers Rock Airport at 12.30pm.
What To Expect
Your 2-day tour of World Heritage–listed Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park starts with pickup in Alice Springs or at Ayers Rock Airport and travels to Uluru on the first day, and Kata Tjuta on the second day. Sleep overnight at a campsite located within the national park, and share a dinner cooked over the campfire. Camping accommodations are basic but comfortable, consisting of a permanent tent or a swag—the Outback term for a bedroll, which contains a mattress, sheet, and pillow. Experience the sunset and sunrise at Uluru, and enjoy guided walks at both Uluru and Kata Tjuta, with informative commentary about Aboriginal culture and traditions, especially as related to this sacred place.
Uluru walk and sunset
Your tour begins directly from Ayers Rock Airport where we will collect you before traveling the short distance to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. Experience a guided walk and spectacular sunset complete with sparking wine and nibbles followed by an amaing dinner under the stars.
Duration: 3 hours
Admission Ticket Free
The afternoon is dedicated to exploring this extraordinary monolith starting with an interpretive walk led by your guide, and hearing of the Aboriginal law and religion (Tjukurpa). You will also learn about the art and culture of the local custodians, the Anangu people.
Duration: 2 hours
Admission Ticket Free
Accommodation:Overnight accommodation in comfortable permanent tents.
Sunrise at Uluru - Hike Kata Tjuta
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- A maximum of 18 people per tour
- Please restrict luggage to 22 lbs (10kg)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility
- Please bring hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, Water bottle (1.5 liters) and comfortable walking shoes
- All camping equipment provided including linen, pillows, permanent tents, swags, towels and sleeping bags
- The climb is subject to weather conditions and with the permission of the Anangu people
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wayoutback Australian Safaris
You can cancel up to 30 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 30 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 7 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 7 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 13 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 25% refund, you must cancel 8–13 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 29 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 14–29 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Overnight Uluru (Ayers Rock) Small-Group Camping Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Overnight Uluru (Ayers Rock) Small-Group Camping Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Overnight Uluru (Ayers Rock) Small-Group Camping Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeOvernight ToursMulti-day ToursExtremeEco ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUluru4WD Tours - Northern TerritorySporting Events - Northern TerritoryNature and Wildlife - Northern TerritoryOvernight Tours - Northern TerritoryMulti-day Tours - Northern TerritoryExtreme - Northern TerritoryEco Tours - Northern Territory4WD Tours - South AustraliaSporting Events - South AustraliaNature and Wildlife - South AustraliaOvernight Tours - South AustraliaMulti-day Tours - South AustraliaExtreme - South AustraliaEco Tours - South Australia4WD Tours - Western AustraliaSporting Events - Western AustraliaNature and Wildlife - Western AustraliaOvernight Tours - Western AustraliaMulti-day Tours - Western AustraliaExtreme - Western AustraliaEco Tours - Western AustraliaCategory